So I had myself a bit of a reading hiatus- took Ham to flyball class and then went out to eat and, um, browse a bookstore. Would you believe I didn’t buy anything?
I’m struggling to stay engaged. I’m partway through two different books and neither is holding my attention right now. Maybe another kid’s graphic novel will help me get back into the swing.
1. What are you reading right now? Soldier Dogs by Maria Goodavage and Second Star to the Right by Deborah Hautzig
2. How many books have you read so far? 3 that I’ve finished, half of another, and a third of another.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Nothing in particular.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I didn’t free up my whole day, and then I made impromptu plans, which I regret. I wish I had made more preparations (snacks, etc) and devoted myself to making a real go of it.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? My whole day has been an interruption.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How undedicated I am given how extremely excited I was about it.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope– you guys are doing an awesome job!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Try to find an in-person reading buddy. I think that would help a bunch to stay on task!
9. Are you getting tired yet? Oh yeah.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Short books! Graphic novels!